22 July 2010

WHM Maat #1 - Loss

Tavnazian taco before trading testimony.  What I've seen seems to recommend Def food, so I went with it.
Zone in.


The fight
Use Yagudo drink.
Use Afflatus Solace.
Cast Protect IV.
Cast Stoneskin.
Target Maat, cast Paralyze.
- Maat's shadow absorbs the spell; working as intended.
Maat casts Holy, Tamberly takes 0 points of damage.
Cast Flash.
- Maat is blinded - SUNUVA....
Cast Repose.
- Maat's shadow absorbs the spell - DAMMIT DAMMIT SUNUVABITCH.
Melee: 130.
Melee: 107.
(Equip Earth Staff while running away!)
Melee crit: 231.
Maat lands Dia II for 5.
Melee: 151.
Melee: 87.
Melee: 117.
Blow 2-hour.
(Repose still not up, continuing to run around the edge of the arena!)
Melee: 120.
Maat lands Banishga III for 250.
Melee: 111; interrupts Repose cast.
Melee:  121; interrupts Cure IV cast.
Maat lands Holy for 121.
Melee: 100; death interrupts Repose cast.


Combat Skills
  • My Evasion is capped.
  • My Divine is 215/227.  I was hoping to see how much it really resisted at this point, so I'm really glad that the only Repose cast I completed was eaten by a shadow.

Gear Notes
  • I'm going in with a Light Staff to maximize cure potency and accuracy for Repose.  I have an earth staff that I have on a macro that I can hit while I'm running away if things don't go as planned.
  • I'm using Bat Earring x2; this would give me +30 evasion if I would remember to use the blinding potions I made.
  • I have a Vermillion Cloak for non-repose casting for the sake of Refresh.  I'm switching to Crow Jupon and Diana Corona (for the evasion and MACC boosts) for Repose casts.
  • Wearing Crow Hose full-time.


Where I Went Wrong
  • I forgot to use my blinding potion, so I lost out on 30 Evasion for the fight.
  • I didn't cast Shell, Blink, or Aquaveil.  I think my thought process is clouded by the Red Mage fight on this, where start time is of the essence.  I wanted to rush in as fast as I could, because that's what I have to do on RDM.
  • I didn't confirm the second shadow was gone before I started casting Repose.
  • I chose Flash as the spell that was intended to eat the second shadow; it's a fast and cheap cast.  However, it has a 45-second recast timer.  I'm almost certainly better off keeping that available in case I need to blind him in a crunch.  I think I'll try Banish then Paralyze next time, with uh...  Banish II? for backup.  I would normally go with Slow, but if he has Haste up I'm not sure if that would be subject to a shadow or if it would go straight to "no effect".

No comments:

Post a Comment